Wednesday 8 April 2015

Thoughts From The Couch...

Finished up my wee quilt yesterday. It was another day of "Springter" here in Nova Scotia so along with 5 more friggin' inches of snow came a few cancelations in the shoppe...that makes it a sew day.

Woke up to 4" of this white crap, but by days end it was 5"
The calendar lies I tell ya... Spring, my ass!



I say "puh-TAY-doh".


My Dad said "buh-TAY-doh".
He loved his buhtado's. I loved my Dad more than words can say...oh, what I wouldn't give to see my Dad and my son sitting down to a mashed buhtado eating contest. It'd be debatable who might win, my boy definately has that Levy appetite; seems my boy shares a little something with the greatest man he'll never know.



This long snowy winter has turned me into a couch potato...I've got 10 extra pounds on me to prove it. Clearly a proper dose of Spring is necessary to get me off my butt and back on track...this rut I'm digging is getting rather deep!



This little quilt was a fun winter distraction. We're always debating the proper way to say things. I see a whole series of quilts.... like tomatoe, ketchup, or scallop for example....

It's "sk-AWL-up" by the way... say it right.


Linking up with Lorna over at Let's Bee Social! 


5 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Good use of a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's EXACTLY the right way to say 'scallop.' Love all the potatoes in your potato quilt. I just put the snow brushes and scrapers away and our weather guys say we'll get 1 - 3 inches of the damn white crap. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all need to move to Tennessee - very little snow per year and lots of sunshine ( you will complain about A/C bills instead of winter fuel though) ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up with an English mother and Ukrainian father meant pronunciation of any word could be interesting. Love your label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it....a series on word pronunciation! I've been thinking about a quilt with our family words and quotes....like flops (as in go pick up the dog flops in the backyard), "yes, have some" (from Ghostbusters), etc. Hoping your friggin white stuff melts FAST!!

    ReplyDelete