Friday 31 July 2015

Project: Kona Nerds, Unite! -- Sour Apple

I made a Kona block this morning for Not-So-Little PurpleBoots who wanted to use Sour Apple and Black. He's an Apple junkie...not of the nutritious sort, but of the technological variety. Since I've never jumped on the Apple bandwagon it seemed appropriate for me to incorporate the logo in a way that showed my sour distaste for the super power that both my son and husband covet.

I sketched the apple and the letters on paper, cut the apple out and used spray adhesive to fix it to the black. Then I traced the letters onto fusible Web not once but twice since I forgot to reverse them the first time and then cut them from black and fixed them into place with a hot iron.


I set my machine to a little satin stitch and appliqued around all the bits. It took a bit of time, but slow and steady got me to the finish line soon enough. Voodoo Duck is earning his keep keeping track of stitch combinations...he's a great helper, he still remembers the stitch combination for the Zebra hanging.

I love this block...and Not-So-Little PurpleBoots seemed pleased with it too! Next up Goldfish. That will be a fun one given my excitement with free pieced fishes this past winter.

Oh, and just in case you wondered...all these blog posts and the photos within are powered by Android...I'm a Samsung gal!


**Feel free to send along your blocks along any time in August...I'm going to extend the deadline for blocks to the end of August because in reality I won't have time to put this thing together until September anyway. I'll try to post a list next week of the colours that have been taken if you are concerned with making a duplicate. I am not terribly concerned about duplicates, some colours are simply loved more than others! 


6 comments:

  1. I think this calls for a word bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The font is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gLad you've extended the deadline. I've got to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gives me inspiration for a whole other direction from paper pieced or improv pieced letters... hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete